Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The open adoption

Technically three of our four are open adoptions. Semira being the only closed adoption. We haven't heard from David's birth mother. We do hear from her sister a little bit but it's not often anymore. Emily's birth mother is on my Facebook so she asks for pictures and has asked to see her, but it's pretty hard to cart Emily out to a public place for a meeting. 1 we don't live anywhere near her. 2 it's too hot to drag the kids out. 3. Emily does not like to be in her wheelchair and she can't roll around on the floor at the mall, a park, or a kids pizza place. But, her birth mom is very sick and needs a heart transplant. She's only 22. I feel for her because I know she would have loved to have been able to keep her, but she didn't have any support. But life is busy in our world too.
Macs birth mother is young and clueless but she means well. I let her go to doctor appointments if she makes it to them so that she can see him. She texts me all the time bugging me for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment