Tuesday, March 12, 2013

If your adoption worker were standing at your door right now with your child... how would they look?

Are you f'ing kidding me? Are they seriously wanting me to answer this? I have no idea, I have an empty place in my heart, a spot that I knew at least 1 child was supposed to fill and who has been missing from our family to make it complete.

I have had this feeling for a very long time... the problem is... I have never, not once, EVER had an inkling on what they looked like or acted like. Why? Because I have known for a long time that biologically they would never be mine, and since your heart does not pass on genes, I never attempted to guess what the child, born from my heart, would look like.

So NO I can not answer this question... what I can say is... when "the" child comes to my door and joins our family through adoption, I will know them when I see them, and they will be "perfect" for us... even if that child is not the first one that comes through our door as a foster child.

No comments:

Post a Comment