Sunday, December 21, 2014

What's happening?

D's birthmom is back and has requested visits,she's also void of memory of the last 9 months. So needless to say this court hearing in January could be interesting. Otherwise he is healing very well from his surgery and sitting up more and more. He's also cut his first top tooth and has rejected the pacifier completely now. I don't think I am ready for that yet, he still needs it!

Emily is having her first arm repair surgery tomorrow. Her night nurse has given notice, so a new person to train :-( We liked her the most, bust her schedule just didn't fit with ours. Emily is testing the limits of my patience. She is the most defiant child I have ever met! To say that she makes it hard to bond with... well it's still a struggle. I hate to admit it, but there is no mother daughter bond there. These things take time I guess, but it was not this hard with Miss I, for me it happened right away with her. Maybe it is just the timing of it all. Emily did come during the loss of two little girls for me.

Mr C is still here and can we just say that we dodged a bullet with his adoption. Hubby and him... well let's just say they butt heads so much that we have come to the conclusion that hubby is not cut out for parenting teens. Yes we have parented teens before, but apparently he didn't like it...lol Hey you live and you learn and you find your strengths and go from there.

C's adoption worker has asked us to consider a 9 year old little boy. So we shall see where that goes.

1 comment:

  1. lol all kids become teens eventually ;) but I understand what you're saying.
    where has D's birth mom been? will you guys be able to adopt him?
    Emily loves you and I know you love her... you're right with the timing and that these things do take time. I look forward to your family Christmas day pics! <3

    ReplyDelete