Friday, February 22, 2013

Checklists

Actively going through the checklist and getting all the rest of the paperwork in order that we need. The problem is that I have a real issue with procrastination and despite really really wanting to get this process moving and DONE. I just play a constant head game with myself regarding getting my butt in gear sometimes and actively checking certain things off.

I need to get to the bank and get a notary to sign off on a paper for my criminal background check, I also need to schedule doctor appointments to fill out some stupid paperwork stating we are healthy enough to foster/adopt. I also need to just scan and email my car insurance and registration information, not to mention make vet appointments for 3 of the 4 dogs to get their updated rabies shots.

The only thing left on the online application is the financial information and the budget. Yuck the word budget just makes me cringe..lol.

So anyway, that is where we are at this very moment. Did I mention that we have about 4 weeks or so until we could actually be officially licensed?

I asked the caseworker what the turn around time is then for placement, she said that depending on how flexible we are and how fast we can set things up in the house, that we actually are pretty much looking at a fast turn around. She said that she is aggressive with her placements and that if you have a licence, then you should have a child in your home or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment