Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hand Me Downs?

So I am going through my son's room getting ready for placements and such. So he has a ton of clothes that he has outgrown that I just didn't have the heart to get rid of, mainly favorite sports teams and such. However, knowing that we will decidedly come to a point where we get a placement that comes with ZERO clothes or at least very few, does it make sense to keep what he has outgrown and doesn't want?


My plan was to start hitting up the yard sales and 1/2 price Goodwill days to get clothes to put in bins with sizes for both sexes to draw from in emergency situations. ( In my mind I am so organized- I really really hope this actually happens)Now these clothes are not to be used as the only source of clothing, I mean my kids will get new clothes the same as my biokids did... with that being said we did NOT stock up on all designer clothes, but had a few key pieces. Anyway I digress, currently we do not have the storage, that the new house will have so I really didn't want to do the stock up thing yet. The dilemma, where do I put these clothes? LOL

Also, so we are cleaning his room, because he stays with my Mom and really won't be home until the time we move into the new house, so right now since the girl is here, we are using his room as the "source" of available space for our Homestudy. She will actually be moving out right around the same time that we probably get our first placement, so we will have two rooms available. I want to put a generic comforter on the beds, to at least make the room look nice, but I also want to actually get ones specific for each child so that it is something that they like.

I have already picked out another set of beds to put into her room for future placements. This may change, but right now it will get the job done and allow for my future plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment