Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lots of Slowgress

I can't call it progress but there was some major drama surrounding the most recent happenings around here. "C" is the new letter in our foster/adoption vocabulary, perhaps it may even come with the letter "J" but for right now the drama and how we got today's Redfile/Information meeting was hive producing stress evoking.

So a month or more ago, not sure now it all kinda runs together, well my friend was contacted about a little boy. She knew that she wasn't going to be able to take him so she suggested us. No call from our current licensing agency, a vendor call had not been placed out for him either. So I was looking at the Heart Gallery and I saw this little boy and contacted his agency. Low and behold it was the same little boy from before. So we continued to find out more and put our names into the hat for selection.

Of course we were chosen to be considered, then all forward progress hit a MAJOR wall. We are changing agency. Our current agency however still holds our adoption certificate. Our new agency doesn't do adoptions just placements, but once the child is placed you can still adopt. So a lot of back and forth and the agency that hold our certification 100% refused to attend the staffing. Why should they when they don't get credit for the placement? Or funding... ok I guess I can see that... but where does that leave us? More importantly where does that leave this little boy???

Advocating for children starts in full swing and we aren't even his parents yet. But I had to climb the ladder up the State's Official Child Protective Agency to get this done. Yes I did contact his DDD and CPS supervisors and bypass the adoption recruiter and both of our agencies to do this. But do this I did.

I sent them my license, I sent them my homestudy, I sent them my adoption certificate, and today we are going to present ourselves infront of a panel selection committee to sell why we think we'd be the best placement for "C"

Wish us luck! But dang, since they saw how hard I fought just to get this meeting, well that has got to tell them something.

1 comment: