Wednesday, July 24, 2013

CDH

We will be starting some more training within the Foster Care licensure process. We have decided to become a Child Development Home. What that means is that we take in DDD children (Department of Developmental Disabilities) which allows a higher pay rate for our foster children so that hubby can stay at home. We will also then be able to put in more quality time with our adopted children, if and when we have some.

I am still not sure about the particulars surrounding the "boys" but because of the long transition required, two months, I am not sure that we can hold open two beds for that long. The only way we could do it is if we had at least 1 CDH placement.

It's a 21 hour training, part of which I may have mentioned that I have already completed. I think it may also contain the medically complex training that we have already also completed, so I hope that means that we won't have much to do.

I think the one thing that this placement has taught me is that I do want more children in the house, but I am partial to the atypical ones, or at the very least only want 1 typical one *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment