Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What? It was just my anger...

Can you tell these kids have been in therapy for a while? The sad part is that they, specifically the oldest, knows the right words to say, but then things are just expected to be solved with saying those words? Choking out your 6 year old sister is acceptable and easily forgiven because you realized you were angry she took a toy?

"No wait it is just that I have a tiny brain, or I always do bad things". These phrases get so old sometimes. I know she feels this way, but I am not going to fall into what feels like a manipulative trap and placate the behavior because she says the exact words she knows will turn our disappointment into feeling bad for her and trying to not break her fragile ego and self esteem more. But there comes a time where the safety factor and the escalation of behavior is just NOT going to be resolved with a simple time out.

Choking? I asked if she knew that it was very unsafe to do that, that is was very serious. She said she knew that if her sister died she would go to jail. Ok, but would you feel bad that she wasn't here anymore? No I just don't like that sister. WTF?

F/u discussion with her after lunch garnered this response, " If she died then whatever, she's a nothing."

I am really upset about this. I sent an email to the "TEAM" and would really like a response today... I really think they need to admit this little girl into a psych unit and finally evaluate her!


***Update***

"Oh poor oldest child she just hates herself so much she is using her sister as a scapegoat. She is talking about herself when she said, "She's a nothing." These are the words of the CASA (she has no background in psychology or anything) no one seems to concerned about the youngest child... it's a f'ing miserable case!

1 comment:

  1. Does sound like she needs a psych eval... That's not normal at her age.

    ReplyDelete