Friday, July 5, 2013

Melted a little ice around my heart

The little said to me yesterday that she wished she could stay with us because I am nice and her sisters and parents are mean to her. She then let lose on just how mean, which I already knew, but it was nice to hear that at least 1 child has started to bond and that I am not all bad.

I have been trying to open my heart a bit more, but I knew from the start that I was not keeping them and well the idea of totally being in-love with these girls and losing them... well I don't know how just yet to do it.

I think it comes with practice and experience, I am sure in the beginning every new foster parent feels overwhelmed and wonders how on earth they can do this and probably questions daily just how much they really want it.

There are so many adjustments and so we will keep plugging along. Because as a nurse what makes my day is helping 1 patient a day that I know I made a difference for. I think I just may have found the one.

Big news yesterday on the plan for the end of the month, not all good, and I have some concerns about transition visits home, but we will work within the system as much as we have to.

1 comment: