Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Balancing Act

Besides from keeping track of medication administration forms for three, doctors appointment forms for three, and goal sheets for three. We have to keep track of CPS worker visits for three, DDD workers for 4, Licensing worker for us. Not to mention multiple doctor appointments, parent visits if they happen or don't happen, and of course therapy for all the kids. Plus the always last minute GAL pop ins prior to court and the needy CASA volunteers who mean well, but don't grasp the concept of exactly how much in a day needs to be juggled to fit in one more visit with someone who seriously at this point can only hold the baby for an hour and disrupt the flow of our very scheduled day.

So anyway, if it doesn't go into the Calendar then it didn't or doesn't happen. It's our family brain, and I can tell you that without it, I'd forget it even happened.


This month

The days fill in quickly and I have a system for keeping it all straight. This I can blame on my nursing background. Though I hate charting, we also have binders that are go to books for each child. If they go to an appointment it goes with them. Each has their name and picture on it. It's organized and it helps so that we can find answers to questions the multitude of people above will ask for.

It's not easy and I try and keep everyone on a pretty strict schedule, even with all the interruptions to save sanity. I have to return to work soon, but I am hoping that I have managed to get the chaotic world of three babies and a medically complex 5 year old under control enough to not sink the ship.

2 comments:

  1. The binder thing is a good idea! I try to keep all my kids' stuff organized in an accordion folder, but sometimes things don't get put back very neatly.. especially if I just need a couple kids' stuff one day, and then different kids another day. But coming home and putting it all back in THEIR own personal binders, that seems helpful. Birth cert, SS card, vax records, IEP's, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes all of that is in there including medical cards and any records from doctor appointments like weight height etc

    ReplyDelete