Monday, August 31, 2015

Selfish Reasons

"You are amazing people, you are saints, I couldn't do that... they are so lucky to have you." Things I hear people say. I do agree that we are amazing people, but not because of what we do, but just because we are us. I do not think we are saints, since I know for sure we are sinners everyday. Perhaps yes my kids are very lucky to have me, because well I'm awesome!

I don't need praise or epithets in our honor for doing what we do or "taking" the children that we do... because I do it for selfish reasons. I'm so lucky to get to see the smiles on these faces everyday and so lucky I get to hold them and that they seek my comfort. I'm so lucky that they were chosen for me to be a part of their lives. I'm so lucky that I get to hear first giggles, words, and help them to achieve their milestones.

So yeah I do this for selfish reasons, because I was not finished being an active Mommy.



1 comment: