Sunday, May 26, 2013

Entitled and Dramatic

The two words that are most descriptive today of the behavior we have been experiencing. Course I expect it. Of course they do not expect my reaction.

Case in point... Belle needs an eye patch at least 6 hours a day, which she has not spent much time wearing I am sure. So today when I put it on after breakfast and we were met with a semi-meltdown which consisted of a few minutes of pouting with a little throw myself on the floor for affect. (Could have been worse) She is my screamer and best complainer ever.

Entitled on the other hand wants things now, we are no fun if we are not buying her things, and rearranges and takes things because she wants them to be her way. There are some cognitive and mental health issues associated with this, and Miss Ariel has also learned that gifts = attention and love. So despite this her ability to be redirected is positive. Although she responds well to bribery, which is very telling about parenting styles used on her in the past. I bribe with choices and consequences. They can choose to accept them or not.

I have a pretty matter of fact explanation for things... No it's not payday if you want extra you need a job. Once I start getting reimbursed for their care and expenses, things will be a bit better, but with the move to this house and the utility deposit expenses I am more than broke right now... and will be for at least the next month or so. I think the first state check comes on July 15th or at least I hope it does. It will really take the pressure off of us and allow for a few fun things this summer, like the water park, science museum, ballgames and maybe even a camping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment